Saturday, January 16, 2010

So, I'm reading this awesome new book called "The Me I Want To Be" by John Ortberg. I know, the title sounds like something Stuart Smalley would say (see old Al Franken clips from SNL if you don't know what I mean...). But the book is really good so far! He's talking about how God has created each of us for a specific purpose, and if we lean into that, we will have peace & contentment. I don't know about you, but I really struggle with trying to be what people think I should be. Or I fight to become like other people are. But God created me to be Tracy. Even with my all of my many flaws, He loves me & made me this way. Don't get me wrong -- I don't think I should become lazy & forget about trying to improve myself. I want to lose weight, be more generous, more graceful, less angry, and I think God wants all of those things for me, too. I think what He's trying to tell me lately is that I can be confident in His perfect love for me. And, ultimately, the "me I want to be" is a me that is fully aware of how unconditionally loved I am by my Creator.

No comments: